When you move to a new city to take up a job, one of the first things you are required to do is fill in an application to open a bank account. This is your salary account, where your salary will be credited every month, like clockwork!
What is a Salary Account? As the name suggests, the salary account is opened so a person’s employer can credit his or her salary every month. Most companies tie up with a bank to open salary accounts for each of their employees. Salary accounts vary from bank to bank, as the features and benefits each bank offers, differs from one another.
What should I look for in a Salary Account?Most companies open salary accounts for their employees. But some of them allow the individual to choose the bank they want to open a salary account in. Should that be the case, here are some things to look for in a good salary account today –
Benefits of a Salary Account
A Salary Account offers some great benefits, one of which is zero minimum balance. Most banks insist on customers maintaining a certain minimum balance in their savings accounts but the advantage of a salary account is that it mostly doesn’t have this mandate.
One such salary account that meets the above requirements is the Citibank Suvidha Salary Account. It is tailor-made to suit the banking needs of professionals in this digital age. With overdraft facility up to 5 times net salary credit, preferential pricing on Citibank products, a powerful debit card, 24X7 access to convenient digital banking platforms, the Suvidha Salary Account is a one-stop solution for all your banking needs.
The Citibank Suvidha Salary account comes loaded with several benefits –
- Reputation of the bank – With a reputed bank, you can rest assured that your money is safe.
- Access to digital banking platforms – The world is going digital and so should you if you haven’t already. Look out for banks that can help you bank safely from home equipped with seamless digital banking services.
- It is good to find a bank that comes with great customer support. You never know when you might need it.
So when it comes to picking a salary account, Citibank Suvidha is a smart choice!
- An overdraft facility up to 5 times your net salary credit (up to INR 5 lacs)
- A payable at par cheque book
- A wide network of ATMs with a daily withdrawal limit of Rs. 1,00,000
- No minimum balance requirement
- Zero fee debit card with great offers
- Rewards Points to earn and redeem each time you use it. Each reward point is INR 1
- Credit cards that suit every lifestyle
- A complimentary personal accident cover of Rs. 10 lakhs
- Utility bill payment facility
- No cost Demand Draft delivery at 1,100 locations in India
- Complimentary NEFT, RTGS and IMPS funds transfer
- 2.75% p.a. interest rate calculated daily, paid quarterly
- Complimentary Investment Services Account and access to up to date investment intelligence
- Preferential pricing on Personal Loans and Home Loans
- Comprehensive insurance solutions for your family and you