Ready Credit offered by Citi is an overdraft facility that gives you access to additional funds whenever you need them, outside of what is available in your Citi Suvidha Salary Account. So in case you want to go ahead with an impulse purchase or want to prepone that large ticket purchase or when an unexpected expense knocks on your door, you aren’t caught unprepared and can make instant withdrawals from your Ready Credit account.
Here are the Top 5 reasons why you should have a Ready Credit Account:
Any amount that you pay over and above the 5% mandatory due amount is made available to you through your cash line. The interest is calculated on a daily reducing balance and charged only on the amount you use and for the time you use it. If there is no usage, there will be no interest payable.
You can make easy payments to your Ready Credit Account via Citibank Online or the mobile app. Offline options like cheques, demand drafts, NEFT, RTGS or ECS are also available.
- You pay interest only on the amount you use and for the period you use it. E.g. if you use Rs.10,000 for 5 days, you need only pay interest for 5 days, not for the whole month.
- There’s no fixed EMI or tenure. You have the exceptional financial flexibility to choose what to pay and when and there’s no pre-closure penalty. Only 5% monthly repayment of the principal outstanding and monthly interest is mandatory.
- Each repayment proportionately increases your available cash line. E.g. if you have a cash line of Rs.5,00,000, and you use Rs.1,00,000 for a family function, you will have Rs.4,00,000 left for other purposes. If you repay the Rs.1,00,000, and have not used any more of the Ready Credit funds, your available cash line once again becomes Rs.5,00,000.
- Once you open your Ready Credit Account, you have full access to the credit limit whenever you want it, via ATM, Cheque book, Citibank Online, Citi Mobile, 24x7 CitiPhone Banking, and millions of merchant establishments worldwide.
- You get Electronic Account Statements (e-Statements) in your in-box every month so you can track your account from wherever you are.
How to Apply for Citi Suvidha Account customers:
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum Age – 65 years or retirement, whichever is earlier
- Minimum Income Requirement – Rs. 25,000 net salary credit per month
If you have an account with us, where your salary ( > Rs. 25000) gets credited, you are eligible for Ready Credit after your first salary deposit, up to 5 times your salary credit to a maximum of Rs. 5,00,000.
If you don’t have a Citi account, you can apply for one and then request for Ready Credit by logging in to Citibank Online or calling our 24x7 CitiPhone helpline.
To learn more about Citi Ready Credit, click here.
- Login to Citibank Online
- Click on Inbox for Ready Credit Offer