Enjoy the convenience of flexibility and the assurance of safety for your funds with Citibank Deposits. Book a deposit with us to grow your money. Now you can book deposits with us seamlessly on Citibank Online or Citi Mobile smart banking App.
Top reasons to invest in Citibank Deposits
- Easy to start. Begin as low as Rs1,000
- Use your funds when you need it
- Attractive interest rates and a range of flexible tenures
Citibank Deposits make saving easy for you with no entry cost, short lock-in periods, and quick liquidity options. Opt for any of the safe, secure growth instruments below that fits in with your financial plans.
Your deposit is linked to your Citibank Savings or Current Account to give you the benefits of a Higher Net Relationship Value (NAV) with us. (Please refer to the higher NAV privileges section at the bottom of the page).
Deposit Options at a Glance
|Type of Deposit||Minimum Deposit
|Fixed / Term||1,000||7 days||
|Multi / Flexible||1,000||7 days||
|Senior Citizen||1,000||7 days||
|Tax Saver||1,000||5 years||
Understanding Your Deposits
- A Fixed Deposit is an investment account where money is deposited for a fixed period and the interest rate does not fluctuate.
- Current Account customers can avail an overdraft line up to 90% of the deposit value.
- Your deposit can be booked from Rs1,000 onwards for a tenor as low as 7 days.
- With the Multi Deposit account, you can earn attractive interest rates and still have the funds as part of your withdrawal balance.
- Withdraw easily in multiples of Rs1,000 without breaking the complete deposit.
- Place a monthly standing instruction to automatically debit your account and book a Recurring Deposit.***
- Choose tenures ranging from 12 months to 24 months. Choose to book from Rs1,000 to Rs20,000 per month.
*** The interest rate contracted at the time of booking of the first installment of the Recurring Deposit will be applicable for the life of the Recurring Deposit.
Senior Citizens Deposits
- Senior Citizens Fixed Deposits earn additional interest of 50 basis points per annum on deposits below
- Your deposit is linked to your Savings Account to give you the benefit of a Higher Net Relationship Value (NAV).
Tax Saver Deposits*
- Under the Finance Act of 2006, Term Deposits up to Rs1,50,000 booked for five years is applicable for benefit under Section 80C under Income Tax Act, 1961.
- You can book only up to Rs1.5 Lakh in a financial year (April - March) under this product. The tenure allowed will only be 5 years as per the lock in period for Tax Saving Deposits under the IT Act.
Please Note: The Interest calculation is computed quarterly either as Compounded Interest or Simple Interest (as per your choice) and is paid out Quarterly.
High Net Relationship Value Benefits#
Individuals with a high Net Relationship Value (NRV) with us qualify for certain preferential services such as:
- Lower rates and quicker processing of loans
- Special promotional offers from time to time
- Higher credit and withdrawal limits on Cards
- Dedicated relationship manager
To ensure our Deposit Account Customers too qualify for the same benefits, all deposits are automatically linked to the individual's existing Citibank Savings or Current Account thereby raising their Net Relationship Value with Citibank.
Click here for deposit terms and conditions.
How much you earn? Interest rates effective from February 16, 2018
Click on to expand and on to minimize the details.
Citibank Time Deposit Interest rates
|In Days||<Rs1 crore||>=Rs1 crore <Rs2 crore||>=Rs2 crore <Rs3 crore||>=Rs3 crore <Rs5 crore||>=Rs5 crore <=Rs10 crore|
|P.A. Rate||Annualised Yield*||P.A. Rate||Annualised Yield*||P.A. Rate||Annualised Yield*||P.A. Rate||Annualised Yield*||P.A. Rate||Annualised Yield*|
|732 - 1095 Days||5.00%||5.23%||4.50%||4.68%||4.50%||4.68%||4.50%||4.68%||4.50%||4.68%|
For all deposits greater than Rs 10 cr, please refer to the Differential Deposit Rates 2
*Annualized Yield calculated at the lower end of each tenure.
For other terms and conditions or for deposit amounts greater than Rs 10 crs, please contact your nearest branch.
Floating rate, overnight mibor linked deposits
|In Days||<Rs1 crore||>=Rs1 crore <Rs2 crore||>=Rs2 crore <Rs3 crore||>=Rs3 crore <Rs5 crore||>=Rs5 Crore <=Rs10 Crore|
|P.A. Rate||P.A. Rate||P.A. Rate||P.A. Rate||P.A. Rate|
|7-10 Days||M-200 bps||M-300 bps||M-100 bps||M-100 bps||M-100 bps|
|11-14 Days||M-200 bps||M-300 bps||M-100 bps||M-100 bps||M-100 bps|
|Above 14 days||M-200 bps||M-300 bps||M-100 bps||M-100 bps||M-100 bps|
|Tenure||Comp Period||< Rs1 Crore|
|365 - 400 Days||4||5.00%||5.09%|
|401 - 540 Days||4||5.00%||5.11%|
|541 - 731 Days||6||5.00%||5.16%|
Monthly Installment Amount: Minimum - Rs1,000; Maximum - Rs20,000. Tenure: Minimum - 12 months; Maximum - 24 months.
|Tenure||Comp Period||< Rs1 Crore|
|732 - 1095 Days||8||5.50%||5.77%|
Currently, we offer Senior Citizens Deposits only for deposit amounts less than Rs1 Crore. Senior Citizens Deposits are not available for Non Resident Indians.
|Tenure in Days||P.A. Rate||Annualized Yield|
For interest rates applicable on deposit amounts greater than or equal to Rs 10 Crores, please contact your relationship manager or the nearest Citibank branch.
Existing Citibank Customer?
Login to Citibank Online/ Citi Mobile App for easy booking of Time Deposits.
If you are not a Citibank Customer, to book a Citibank Time Deposit you will need to open a Citibank Savings Account.
Getting one is simple and quick. You can start with choosing an account type that suits you. Click on the 'Browse Account Types' button to get started.
Choose your type of account:
*IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: Citigroup Inc., its affiliates and its employees are not in the business of providing tax or legal advice to any taxpayer outside of Citigroup Inc. and its affiliates. This E-mail/brochure/letter/communication and any attachments are not intended or written to be used and cannot be used or relied upon, by any such taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties. Any such taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
#Please note that the privileges mentioned above do not constitute an automatic blanket offer on Citibank products and services, may or may not be applicable on individual cases, and are extended at the sole discretion of Citibank.