Flexi Group Mediclaim Policy is a comprehensive health insurance product which covers the following:
- All in-patient hospitalization expenses where hospital stay exceeds 24 hours
- Pre-hospitalization expenses and Post-hospitalization expenses
- Cashless facility - Treatment can be taken at any of agreed TPA's network hospitals with pre-authorization, without having to pay for the hospital bills
- The TPA can be chosen from the empanelled list at the time of policy inception
- In case the hospital is a non-network one, the reimbursement facility can be availed of
This product is available for employees/members of groups both as an individual as well as a family floater policy.
- Individual: Flexi Group Mediclaim Policy (UIN - NIAHLGP13010V011213)
- Family Floater: Flexi Floater Group Mediclaim Policy (UIN - NIAHLGP13011V011213)
Both the products are same in terms of policy features, terms & conditions, benefits and exclusions, except for the sum insured that is shared across family members in case of Flexi Floater Group Mediclaim Policy.
This policy is underwritten by The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
- Covers you every time your hospitalization period exceeds 24 hours, subject to the sum insured limit opted.
- Cashless treatment can be taken at any of agreed TPA's network hospitals, enabling you to undergo treatment and walk out without paying bills.
- Reimbursement option is also available in case of non-network hospitals
Pre hospitalization expenses upto 30 days prior to hospitalization and post hospitalization expenses upto 60 days prior to hospitalization are covered under this plan.
The plan covers 73 prescribed day care procedures. So if your employee undergoes one of these procedures which do not require 24 hours of hospitalization, the same will be covered under the plan.
The plan covers organ donor expenses upto the sum insured. New India will reimburse the medical expenses that are incurred by an organ donor while undergoing the transplant.
The plan covers ICU/ICCU charges upto 2% of the sum insured per day.
Expenses incurred for Ayurvedic/Homeopathic/Unani Treatment are admissible up to 25% of the sum insured.
The plan covers ambulance expenses upto 1% of sum insured or actual expenses, upto a limit of Rs. 2500.
Currently there are 47 special coverages which you can avail upon payment of additional premium. However, if you want to include any other coverage apart from these, the policy can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- The group proposed for insurance should fall under any of the following categories:
- Employer – Employee relationship including dependents of the employee
- Pre-identified segments / groups where the premium is paid by the State / Central Governments
- Members of registered service clubs
- Members of Credit Card or Banks/Diners/Master/Visa
- Holders of Deposit certificates issued by Banks / NBFC’s
- Shareholders of banks / Public Limited Companies
- The minimum group size is 7. To avail special coverages, the group should constitute a minimum of 100 lives. To avail maternity benefits coverage, the group should constitute at least 200 lives.
Insurance products are obligations only of the Insurance company. They are not bank deposits or obligations of or guaranteed by Citibank N.A, Citigroup Inc or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries or any Governmental agency. All claims under the policy will be solely decided upon by the Insurance Company. Citibank, Citigroup or any of their affiliates and group entities hold no warranty and do not make any representation about the insurance, the quality of claims processing and shall not be responsible for claims, recovery of claims, or for processing of or clearing of claims, in any manner whatsoever. This document does not constitute the distribution of any information or the making of any offer or solicitation by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution or offer is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to distribute such a document or make such an offer or solicitation. Investment products are not available to US persons and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Participation by the bank's customers in an insurance product is purely on a voluntary basis.
*IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: Citigroup, Inc., its affiliates, and its employees are not in the business of providing tax or legal advice to any taxpayer outside of Citigroup, Inc. and its affiliates. This document is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used or relied upon, by any such taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties. Tax benefits are subject to changes in the tax laws. Any such taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
Citibank N.A. is a registered Corporate Agent of Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited, New India Assurance Company Limited, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited, HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd and Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Limited under the composite license number CA0086 issued by IRDAI.
Life Insurance Policies: These policies are underwritten by Tata AIA Life Insurance Co. Limited (IRDAI Registration No. 110) CIN: U66010MH2000PLC128403 with its registered office at 14th Floor, Tower A, Peninsula Business Park, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013.
All guaranteed benefits are payable only when all premiums are paid when due.
Investment risk in the investment portfolio is borne by the Policy Holder. The premium paid in Unit Linked Life Insurance policies are subject to investment risks associate with capital markets and the NAVs of the units may go up or down based on the performance of the fund and factors influencing the capital market and the insured is responsible for his or her decision. Tata AIA Life is only the name of the Insurance Company and the funds offered are only the names of the funds and does not in any way indicate the quality of the contract, its future prospects or returns.
Non-life Insurance Policies: Policies are underwritten by New India Assurance Company Limited (IRDAI Registration No. 190) CIN: U99999MH1919GOI000526 with its registered office at No.87, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai - 400 001, by Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited (IRDAI Registration No. 102) CIN:U67200TN2000PLC045611 with its registered office at No. 21,Patullos Road, Chennai 600 002 or by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited (IRDAI Registration No. 113) CIN: U66010PN2000PLC015329 with its registered office at Bajaj Allianz House, Airport Road, Yerawada, Pune 411 006
Specialist Health Insurance Policies: These policies are underwritten by Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Limited (IRDAI Registration No. 153) CIN: U66000MH2015PLC263677 with its registered office at 9th Floor, One World Centre, Tower 1, Jupiter Mills Compound, S.B. Marg, Elphinstone Road, Mumbai 400 013 or by HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd (IRDAI Registration No. 146) CIN: U66030MH2007PLC177117 with its registered office at 1st Floor, HDFC House, 165-166 Backbay Reclamation, H. T. Parekh Marg, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400 020
For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding the sale.
For any queries with respect to your Insurance Policies bought through Citibank N.A., kindly contact 24 x 7 CitiPhone, The updated numbers are available on www.citibank.co.in
SECTION 41 OF THE INSURANCE ACT 1938 PROHIBITION OF REBATES
- No person shall allow or offer to allow, either directly or indirectly, as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an Insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India, any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing a Policy accept any rebate, except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectus or tables of the Insurer.
- Any person making default in complying with the provisions of this section shall be liable for penalty which may extend to ten lakh rupees.