Rupee Checking Account is an Interest bearing Checking Account where the balances are held in Indian Rupees.
There are two types of Rupee Checking Accounts: Non Resident External and Non Resident Ordinary. Citibank offers three packages - Regular, Preferred or Citigold, based on the Relationship Balance maintained in the accounts.
Primary Banking Features
- Interest-bearing Checking Account.
- Interest calculated on Daily Average Balances.
- Free Cheque book.
- Convenient options to transfer funds.
- Free Online Banking.
For Non Resident External (NRE) Accounts:
- Funds to be transferred from overseas
- Funds can be freely repatriated in Foreign Currency
- Option to choose a Debit Card valid globally.
For Non Resident Ordinary (NRO) Accounts:
- Funds transferred from NRO or any domestic bank account
- Repatriation restricted to $1 MM per Account Holder
- Option to choose a Debit Card valid in India.
- 24x7 Customer Service with CitiPhone Banking.
- Free access to Online Banking.
- Free Online Transfers to any bank account in India.
- Order free Demand Drafts online and get them delivered to over 1,100 locations in India.
- Preferential Foreign Exchange Rates.
- Privileges and savings at select restaurants and merchants in India.
- Access to select domestic and international airport lounges in India.
Citibank India Deposits are of 2 types
1. Foreign Currency
FCNR: A fully repatriable Foreign Currency deposit available in USD, GBP, Euro, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars and Yen.
2. Indian Rupees
a) Non Resident External Account (NRE): A fully repatriable account for funds held as NRE/FCNR account with Citibank or any another bank in India.
b) Non Resident Ordinary Account (NRO): A partially repatriable account for funds earned from income in India or partly from income abroad.