Citibank Senior Citizens Account - an account packed with unique products and services to help you plan your finances with smart investment options.
Citibank® Senior Account
Top reasons to apply for a Citibank® Senior Account
- Higher interest rates on deposits
- Free transactions at ATMs of all banks
- 24x7 online, mobile and phone banking services
With the new Senior Citizens Account, you have the option of holding your money in Time Deposits, linked to your savings account. You will enjoy both high returns on your money and easy liquidity. Here's more:
- Higher Interest rates exclusively for you*.
- Choice of flexible tenures.
- Option to set the automatic roll-over facility (renew your deposit when it matures, ensuring that your money never stops earning interest!).
- Option of overdrafts against your Time Deposit on current accounts (allowing you to meet your short-term liquidity needs, while earning higher rates of interest on your deposit!).
*For Deposit (Fresh or Renewal) amounts less than Rs.1 Crore, Senior Citizens Account holders get 0.5% extra rate of interest.
No TDS deduction if Form 15G/H is submitted for the financial year at the time of booking the deposit subject to applicable tax exemption limits and availability of PAN card.
Simply call 24-hours CitiPhone Banking or contact your Citibank Relationship Manager anytime, from the comfort of your home or office.
Free transactions at ATMs of all banks
Unlimited free withdrawals at ATMs of all banks.
- One glance statement of accounts: Comprehensive statements that give details of your entire financial relationship with Citibank.
- Complimentary Utility Bill Payment facility: You can now pay your utility bills from over 80 service providers across the country.
- Electronic Funds Transfer: This facility comes to you at no extra charge, making it convenient to make payments and transfer funds.
- Order free Demand Drafts online and get them delivered to over 1,100 locations in India.
- 24x7 customer service and CitiPhone Banking.
- Discounts at select restaurants/merchants on your Citibank Debit Card in India.
- Leverage the expertise of specially trained and certified Investment Consultants to evaluate and offer you the best available investment options.
- Choose from a wide range of Mutual Funds (from 23 fund houses), Bonds, Structured Products and Alternate Products.*
- Invest systematically with Systematic Investment Plan (SIP).
- Access strong in-house research to recommend the best funds.
*On a referral basis only.
Secure your future the smart way
While the insurance helps secure your family's future, it also becomes a useful investment that gets you high returns, with tax savings in the long run. Here's what Insurance Services offers you:
- Life Insurance solutions
- Insurance on your Citibank Home Loan
- Travel Insurance plan
- A Comprehensive Health Insurance plan
- Insurance on your Citibank Personal Loan
Choose from a range of Debit Cards
- Enjoy a great choice of Debit Cards to shop and earn reward points at over 6 million merchant partners worldwide.
If you're interested in opening a Senior Citizens Account, visit your nearest Citibank branch. Click here to locate your nearest Citibank branch.
Click here to view Schedule of Charges for this account.
Account opening is subject to Citibank Account Terms and conditions/applicable RBI guidelines.
Insurance products are obligations only of the Insurance company. They are not bank deposits or obligations of or guaranteed by Citibank N.A, Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries or any Governmental agency. All Claims under the policy will be solely decided upon by the Insurance Company. Citibank, Citigroup or any of their affiliates and group entities hold no warranty and do not make any representation about the insurance, the quality of claims processing and shall not be responsible for claims, recovery of claims, or for processing of or clearing of claims, in any manner whatsoever. Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. This document does not constitute the distribution of any information or the making of any offer or solicitation by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution or offer is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to distribute such a document or make such an offer or solicitation. Investment products are not available to US persons, Residents of Canada and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
*IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: Citigroup Inc., its affiliates, and its employees are not in the business of providing tax or legal advice to any taxpayer outside of Citigroup Inc. and its affiliates. This email and any attachments are not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used or relied upon, by any such taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties. Tax benefits are subject to changes in the tax laws. Any such taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
Citibank N.A. is a licensed Corporate Agent of Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited, Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited and Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Limited under the composite license number 1137144. Life Insurance Policies are underwritten by Tata AIA Life Insurance Co. Ltd. with its registered office at 14th Floor, Tower A, Peninsula Business Park, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013.
For more details on risk factors, Terms and conditions please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding the sale.
Investment risk in the investment portfolio is borne by the policy Holder. The premium paid in Unit Linked Life Insurance policies are subject to investment risks associated with capital markets and the NAVs of the units may go up or down based on the performance of the fund and factors influencing the capital market and the insured is responsible for his or her decision. Tata AIA Life Insurance, Policy Name and Investment Funds are only the names of the company, policy, and Investment Funds offered respectively and do not in any way indicate the quality of the policy, Investment Funds or their future prospects or returns.
SECTION 41 OF THE INSURANCE ACT 1938 PROHIBITION OF REBATES
- No person shall allow or offer to allow either directly or indirectly as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an Insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing the Policy accept any rebate except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectus or tables of the Insurer.
- If any person fails to comply with regulation above he shall be liable to payment of fine, which may extend to Rs500.
Data and research provided by CRISIL. This performance analysis is based on the framework and methodology developed by CRISIL for Citibank. It is presumed that, CRISIL has taken due care and caution in compilation of data. Information has been obtained by CRISIL from sources it considers reliable. However, CRISIL does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. CRISIL is not responsible for any errors in data reproduction. CRISIL especially states that it has no financial liability whatsoever to the subscribers/ users/ transmitters/ distributors of this analysis.
Crisil.com is not responsible for any errors in data reproduction. Crisil.com especially states that it has no financial liability whatsoever to the subscribers/users/transmitters/distributors of this analysis.
Citibank N.A., states that: This document is for informational purposes only and is not intended as an offer or an invitation to anyone for the purchase and sale of any security.
Citibank N.A., provides no independent research or advice in the substance or preparation of the reports. The reports are provided for general information only and nothing contained in the reports constitutes a recommendation for the purchase or sale of any security. Although the statements of fact in this report are obtained from sources that Citibank N.A., consider reliable, we do not guarantee their accuracy and any such information may be incomplete or condensed.
Investment products do not pertain to Citibank and are not bank deposits or obligations of or guaranteed by Citibank, N.A. Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. Investment products are not insured by any governmental agency and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Past performance is not indicative of future results, prices/invested sum is subject to market risks which may result in appreciation or depreciation. The ownership of any investment decision(s) shall exclusively vest with the Investor after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercise of his/her/its independent discretion and Citibank N.A shall not be liable or held liable for any consequences thereof.
Investment products are not available to US persons, Residents of Canada and may not be available in all jurisdictions. By making any investment, you confirm your deemed acceptance to the conditions mentioned herein.
Citibank N.A. may discuss with you ('customer/investor') about investment products (shortly referred as 'investment products') which are in line with your investor rating as maintained with us. Investment products are referred/distributed by Citibank N.A. on a non -discretionary and non-participation basis. Such discussion would be a service without any consideration by Citibank to the Investor and the final investment decision shall at all times exclusively remain with the investor.
Investor investing in funds denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal. This document does not constitute the distribution of any information or the making of any offer or solicitation by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution or offer is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to distribute such a document or make such an offer or solicitation. Please read the Key Information Memorandum(s)/ Scheme Investment Document(s) & Statement of Additional Information/Term Sheet/Prospectus carefully before investing and no claim whatsoever shall be made against Citibank N.A. any of its affiliates or subsidiaries and/or employees claiming any influence/recommendation/responsibility/liability for your decision to invest in any investment product.
Investor should ensure to understand, accept the identities of different parties and the roles that they play in relation to the various Investment Product(s). Investor acknowledges that, there may be various actual or potential conflicts of interest between Citibank N.A. India, Citigroup Capital Markets Ltd., Citigroup Inc. or their affiliates or subsidiaries (collectively "Connected Persons") and that of an investor itself, as a result of the various investment and/or commercial businesses and/or activities of the Connected Persons. You are deemed to accept, on purchasing/subscribing/investing to a particular Investment Product(s), that any such conflict may exist and may be prejudicial to an investment in the Investment Product(s).