- Citi In India
First International Financial Centre:
Plot Nos C-54 and C-55, G-Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra East, Mumbai 400098.
Chief Executive Officer
Click on to expand and on to minimize the details.
Citi began operations in India over a century ago in 1902 in Kolkata and today is a significant foreign investor in the Indian financial market. As promoter-shareholder, Citi has played a leading role in establishing important market intermediaries such as depositories, credit bureau, clearing and payment institutions. Citi helped lay the foundation of the Indian software industry by establishing Citicorp Overseas Software Ltd. and Iflex Solutions Ltd.; it pioneered the ITES industry in financial services through Citigroup Global Services Ltd. (CGSL). Oracle acquired Iflex in 2005 and CGSL was acquired by Tata Consultancy Services in 2008. Citi India added two more green certified buildings to its office premises in 2012, and in 2013 moved its headquarters to The First International Financial Centre (FIFC), a world-class environmentally friendly building. In addition, Citi India, through its network of Citi Service Centres, has been a leading offshoring unit for Citigroup globally, providing employment opportunities in the areas of technology, processing, analytics and financial processes.
- 2018: Launch of India's first home loan linked to the 3-month Government of India Treasury Bill Benchmark Rate
- 2017: Launch of Hello, a multi-dimensional digital value proposition for Citigold clients
- 2017: Launched e-Chat on Citibank Online and Citi Mobile, post log in
- 2017: Launched Voice Biometrics Authentication on CitiPhone
- 2016: Instant loan on card, instant insurance, express decisioning for personal loans
- 2016: Online document upload
- 2016: PayTM wallet loading on Citi Internet Banking
- 2015: Launched Citi Priority
- 2015: Launched Instant Personal Loan
- 2015: Launched Citi MasterPass, India's first global wallet
- 2015: Launched ATM funds transfer via IMPS
- 2014: Citi Prestige, Citi's first global credit card and Citi Ultima, a 'by invitation only' credit card.
- 2013: Instant Credit Card issuance at Mumbai's first mall-based smart-banking branch at Palladium, Lower Parel, Mumbai.
- 2013: Launch of the First Fully Integrated and Certified Mobile Payment Solution.
- 2012: Launch of market-first mobile-banking receivables solution Citi Mobile Collect.
- 2012: First Smart Banking Branch launch in India.
- 2012: Launch of India's first airline agnostic card through Citi PremierMiles.
- 2012: First to roll out SMS-to-Call and Click-to-Call; instantly connecting customers to Citibank officers.
- 2010: First brokerage house to launch Financial Information Exchange (FIX) protocol, the industry-driven international messaging standard, adopted by NSE.
- 2009: First to bring to India next-generation contactless Credit Card payments based on Near Field Communications technology with Citi Tap and Pay.
- 1993/1998/2001: First to offer 24-hour Phone banking/Internet banking/SMS alerts.
- 1986: Pioneered Cash Management.
- 1985: First bank to launch a dedicated platform focused on serving the unique banking and wealth management needs of the Non Resident Indian.
Citi is an employer of choice in India and serves the full spectrum of clients - from helping India's top global corporations commit capital, make markets and manage their global cash positions to supporting the growth ambitions of the country's small and mid-sized enterprises and enabling individuals and households save, invest, spend, borrow and protect their money with trust and confidence.
Citi India's products and services are organized under two major segments: Institutional Clients Group (ICG) and Global Consumer Bank (GCB).
The ICG serves Citi's best-in-class products, services and execution through Global Banking, Global Markets, Treasury & Trade Solutions, Securities & Fund Services and Citi Research. Citi Private Bank is also a division of the ICG. In 2018, Citi has been ranked the #1 bank in ECM. We helped raise US$21.5 billion of capital from bonds and loans and US$5.6 billion of equity capital for our clients in India and advised on US$9.5 billion worth of announced M&A deals.
Under GCB, Citi India offers the full range of consumer banking products and services. We serve our clients across the entire wealth continuum as they grow in affluence. We offer solutions for clients in every segment – beginning with our path-breaking salaried proposition (Suvidha), the emerging affluent (Citi Priority), the affluent (Citigold) and the High Net Worth individuals (Citigold Private Client). We pioneered the NonResident proposition in 1985 to serve the global Indian's unique banking and wealth management needs. With 2.65 million credit cards in force and ~8.5% share in card spends, and the highest spend per card amongst major retail issuers, Citibank offers a full suite of market leading products, across categories - premium, rewards and co-branded.
For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018, Citibank India reported a Profit After Tax of INR3403 crores.
- On October 31, 2018, REC Limited successfully priced a US$700 million 5-year bond. The transaction was the issuer’s inaugural 144A/ Regulation S bond with 1.6x oversubscription. Citi acted as Joint Bookrunner
- On October 31, 2018, HDFC Limited successfully priced a INR 1,235 Cr. (US$167 million) partly paid debenture. This was the issuer’s first ever issuance of a secured partly paid debenture. Citi acted as the Sole Arranger
- Citi acted as exclusive financial advisor to the shareholders of Manjushree Technopack Limited (“Manjushree” or the “Company”), which includes its promoters, the Kedia family (“Promoters”) and Kedaara Capital Investment Managers Ltd. (“Kedaara Capital”) on the sale of a controlling stake in the Company to Advent International (“Advent”). The transaction closed in October 2018
- On October 17, 2018, Reliance Industries Limited (“RIL”), announced strategic investments in Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited (“Hathway”) and DEN Networks Limited (“DEN”), two of the top TV cable/ multi-system operators (“MSOs”) in India. Citi acted as joint financial advisor to RIL
- On October 24, 2018, GLP, the leading global provider of modern logistics facilities and technology-led solutions, entered into a long-term partnership with IndoSpace, the largest industrial real estate company in India. Citi acted as exclusive financial advisor to GLP
- On November 14, 2018, Ageas SA / NV (“Ageas”), through its wholly owned subsidiary ‘Ageas Insurance International N.V.’, announced acquisition of 40% of the share capital of Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited (“RSGI”). Citi acted as exclusive financial advisor to Ageas
- Citi India is committed to enabling progress and driving change across the communities that we live and operate in through five focus areas: Youth Employability, Financial Inclusion, Art and Culture, Education, as well as Healthcare and Sanitation. Citi plays a role in addressing socio-economic challenges across India through collaboration and partnerships in these areas, which are in line with the Government of India’s national priorities.
- By working with organizations that share a common focus on innovation and inclusion, Citi India contributed INR 62.4 crore in Citizenship initiatives, impacting 5.5 million individuals for the financial year ended March 31, 2018, across the country. In addition, since its inception in India in 1999, the Citi Foundation grant program has catalyzed opportunities for more than 2.8 million individuals across the country.
- Our employees practice the philosophy of ‘Citizens of Progress.’ Citi India’s senior business leaders leverage their expertise and skills to add strategic value to our partner organizations. Employees are given the opportunity to give back to causes of their choice, through ‘Giving at Citi,’ an employee payroll giving program. ‘Giving at Citi’ stands unique within the Citi community, being the only such program with matching institutional contributions, across Citi offices globally, demonstrating the India Franchise’s, and its employees’, resolve to support causes that matter. Meanwhile, Citi’s annual Global Community Day (GCD) is a unique initiative where Citi volunteers serve society and tackle issues such as cleanliness, education, and more. On Citi’s 13th annual GCD, over 6,400 individuals, including 1,760 volunteers from partnering organizations, invested 22,407 hours towards the cause.
- Citi strives to achieve a real-estate footprint that is environmentally sustainable. Out of 57 of Citi India’s premises, 30 are LEED compliant, accounting for 69.7% of Citi India’s real estate footprint. One of Citi’s offices achieved a WELL certification at Silver Level in October 2018.
2019 Asiamoney Best Banks Awards for India
Best Corporate & Investment Bank
Best International Bank
The Asset Triple A Digital Awards 2018
Digital Bank of the Year
IFR Asia Country Awards 2018
India Equity House
NSE Market Achievers Award 2018
Institutional Member of the Year Award - Citigroup Global Markets India
Best Performing Global Merchant Banker of the Year - Citigroup Global Markets India
Best Institutional IPO Bidding Member - Citibank N.A.
The Asset Country Awards 2018
Best Bank – Global
Best Corporate and Investment Bank – Global
Best loan adviser
Global Finance – Best Digital Bank Award 2018
World’s Best Digital Consumer Bank in India
The World’s Best Corporate/Institutional Digital Banks in India
The ABF Retail Banking Awards 2018
Debit Card Initiative of the Year in India
The Asset Triple A Asset Servicing, Institutional Investor and Insurance Awards 2018
Best sub-custodian in India
FinanceAsia Country Awards for Achievement 2018
Best International Bank
Best International Investment Bank
TransUnion CIBIL 10th annual Credit Information Conference 2018
Best Data Quality Amongst Foreign Banks
Dun & Bradstreet India's Leading BFSI Awards 2018
India's Leading Bank – Foreign
IBA Banking Technology Awards 2017-2018
Special Jury Award
Customer Experience Awards 2018
Best Use of Innovation to Enhance Customer Experience