Citi is a leading provider of global custody services with over $5 trillion of assets under custody and over 1,600 customers worldwide. Our services enable clients to effectively manage the administration of their global investments via a network that covers over 80 markets and 95% of the world's market capitalization.
CitiDirect® Custody and Clearing delivers the highest standards of technology and processes, as well as a level of expertise, quality and consistency that is unmatched. Additionally, the market knowledge and relationships created by such a widespread local presence enable Citi to develop new industry solutions and help lead the process of change in the securities marketplace.
- Scalable Trade Settlement with highest levels of Straight-Through Processing (STP)
- Full Investment Support that includes:
- Comprehensive support for subscriptions to Initial Public Offerings (IPO)
- List of Branches & Nodal officer for Bankers to an issue
- Processing of instructions to exercise warrants
- Support for subscriptions to mutual funds, money market funds, listed open-end and exchange-traded funds
- Full support for all exchange traded derivatives transactions, providing fully automated transaction flow, margin, and position monitoring enabling a seamless movement of margins
- Robust corporate actions functionality, leveraging Citi system enhancements
- Local custodian for American Depositary Receipts (ADR) and Global Depositary Receipts (GDR)
- Proxy Voting Services leveraging our branch network in India:
- Careful monitoring of announcement sources
- Timely and accurate notification of agenda items
- Facilitation of voting at general meetings
- Confirmation that votes have been submitted
- Providing a summary of meeting results
- Market Information
We can blend traditional global custody services with domestic direct custody access to markets, to meet your comprehensive and most complex custodial needs, including:
- Safekeeping and settlement:
Our high STP rates ensure that your trades settle with a minimum of manual intervention.
- Income processing and corporate actions:
We provide information to help you manage your cash assets effectively and maximize your investment returns.
- Record keeping and reporting:
Our reports give you critical information on your securities and cash positions, along with transaction status.
- Direct electronic interface:
We have direct interfaces into central depository systems and through CitiDirect® for Securities, our Web-based platform for custody and clearing clients.
- Technological sophistication:
We deliver an advanced IT infrastructure, processing technologies and rigorous operational controls.
- Safekeeping and settlement:
Competitive pricing and best Forex deadlines
We can execute Forex transactions in 306 currency pairs with innovative pricing solutions, using the RBI benchmark rate for pricing deals. We offer you a dedicated Forex desk with extended coverage time [8:00 AM to 9:30 PM IST] with a capability to quote cash [same day value deals] even post local cut off time [i.e., 11 AM India time] by using Citi's prop book.