Direct Custody and Clearing provides asset servicing and transaction functions primarily to intermediaries such as broker-dealers, banks, fund managers, insurance companies and other global investors through our proprietary network in over 60 markets. The scale of this network, provided through our own offices and staffed with Citi experts in each market, sets Citi apart from the competition.
Custody and Clearing delivers the highest standards of technology and processes, as well as a level of expertise, quality and consistency that is unmatched. Additionally, the market knowledge and relationships created by such a widespread local presence enable Citi to develop new industry solutions and help lead the process of change in the securities marketplace
- Scalable Trade Settlement with highest levels of Straight-Through Processing (STP)
- The solutions offered include
- Safe Keeping
- Clearing and Settlement
- Comprehensive support for subscriptions to Initial Public Offerings (IPO)
- List of Branches & Nodal officer for Bankers to an issue
- Support for subscriptions to mutual funds, money market funds, listed open-end and exchange-traded funds
- Robust corporate actions functionality, leveraging Citi system enhancements
- Local custodian for American Depositary Receipts (ADR) and Global Depositary Receipts (GDR)
- Proxy Voting Services
- Careful monitoring of announcement sources
- Timely and accurate notification of agenda items
- Facilitation of voting at general meetings
- Confirmation that votes have been submitted
- Market Information
We can blend traditional global custody services with domestic direct custody access to markets, to meet your comprehensive and most complex custodial needs, including:
- Safekeeping and settlement:
Our high STP rates ensure that your trades settle with a minimum of manual intervention.
- Income processing and corporate actions:
We provide information to help you manage your cash assets effectively and maximize your investment returns.
- Record keeping and reporting:
Our reports give you critical information on your securities and cash positions, along with transaction status.
- Direct electronic interface:
We have direct interfaces into central depository systems and through CitiVelocity, our Web-based platform for custody and clearing clients.
- Technological sophistication:
We deliver an advanced IT infrastructure, processing technologies and rigorous operational controls.
- Safekeeping and settlement:
Competitive pricing and best Forex deadlines
We can execute Forex transactions in 306 currency pairs with innovative pricing solutions, using the RBI benchmark rate for pricing deals. We offer you a dedicated Forex desk with extended coverage time [8:00 AM to 9:30 PM IST] with a capability to quote cash [same day value deals] even post local cut off time by using Citi's prop book.
The existing demat account holders will have the ability to update/modify email ID and / or income range in their demat accounts in an online mode on NSDL web portal viz., https://eservices.nsdl.com/kyc-attributes/#/login.
- Stock Brokers can accept securities as margin from clients only by way of pledge in the depository system w.e.f.
September 1, 2020.
- Update your mobile number & email Id with your stock broker/depository participant and receive OTP directly from depository on your email id and/or mobile number to create pledge.
- Pay 20% upfront margin of the transaction value to trade in cash market segment.
- Investors may please refer to the Exchange's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide circular reference NSE/INSP/45191 dated July 31, 2020 and NSE/INSP/45534 dated August 31, 2020 and other guidelines issued from time to time in this regard.
- Check your Securities /MF/ Bonds in the consolidated account statement issued by NSDL/CDSL every month. .......... Issued in the interest of Investors.
- NSDL and CDSL circulars notifying the Do’s and Don’t related to demat account holders.
- Investor Grievances escalation matrix – Contact Us
- SEBI : Complaints against Custodians and Designated Depository Participants (DDPs) - Click here
- NSDL : Complaints against Custodians and Designated Depository Participants (DDPs) - Click here