Click on to expand and on to minimize the details.
- Risk management solutions: The primary focus of the commodity desk is to synthesize risk management solutions for corporates to minimize earnings volatility, manage transaction risks and protect budgeted rates.
Citi through its various branches outside of India, offers:
- Over-the-counter (OTC) and
- Exchange Traded products
The product offerings are on various underlyings, including:
- Energy products (crude oil, oil products and crack)
- Base metals (Aluminium, Copper, Zinc, Nickel, Tin, Lead)
- Bullion (Gold and Silver)
- Soft and Agri commodities
- Carbon Credits
- Freight derivatives
- Best Overall for Commodity - Linked Structured Products, Asia Money 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005
- Best Commodity Derivatives Provider in Asia, Global Finance 2006
- Integrated offering: We offer an entire range of services / products under one roof. A single customer interface helps us understand customer needs better and enables us to deliver appropriate and efficient solutions.
- Structured products offering: We have a dedicated desk working on specialised structured products for complicated / multi-dimensional transactions ensuring optimal value delivery.
- Citi is a major player in the Commodity Derivatives business in India.
- Our focus is on delivering value through innovative solutions.
- We establish enduring relationships with customers by being a partner in their commodity risk management initiative. We
- Partnered with Air India on their first jet fuel transaction
- Partnered with Jet Airways on their first jet fuel transaction
- Partnered with BPCL on their first crack hedging transaction