How to Change your Address on Citibank Online
If you are an existing Citi customer and need to change or update your registered address with us, simply log on to Citibank Online using your Username and Internet Password (IPIN) and follow the below process:
Note: NRI customers, please click here for the steps.
If you do not have access to Citibank Online, you can:
- Visit citibank.co.in and Click ‘First Time User? Register Now’ to get your User ID and Internet IPIN (IPIN), in case you do not have access to Citibank Online.
- Forgot your User ID or Internet Password? To retrieve it in 3 steps online, visit citibank.co.in and Click ‘Forgot User Id/Password’.
While submitting your address proof, do keep in mind that the document (or copy) is from the following list of acceptable documents:
- Valid Passport with address page
- Valid Driving License with address
- Voter’s Identity Card issued by the Election Commission of India
- Job Card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government
- Letter issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India containing details of name, address and Aadhaar number, i.e. copy of Aadhaar Card**
It should match with the new address updated in bank records and should be valid and not expired.
**By submitting a copy of your Aadhaar Card to Citibank, you confirm and agree that the Bank has duly explained to you that submission of Aadhaar Card is no longer mandatory and you have the option to submit any one of the above documents towards submission of KYC / proof of address document. You are providing your Aadhaar card as an officially valid document proof to Citibank voluntarily and hereby authorize Citibank to use your Aadhaar as proof of address/KYC document in accordance with extant rules and regulations. In case you are submitting/uploading copy of your Aadhaar card, please ensure to blacken out the only the first 8 digits of Aadhaar number so that they are not visible while ensuring last four digits are visible on the Aadhaar card before submitting/uploading.