- Personal Banking
- Other Banking Services
- Citibank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account And Small Accounts
In line with the regulatory guidelines, we offer 'Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account' and 'Small Account'. These accounts come with an ATM/Debit Card and cheque book. There is no minimum relationship value requirement to be maintained in these accounts.
Key Salient Features of Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account:
- No minimum balance requirement
- Free ATM/Debit card with daily transaction limit of Rs 10,000 across ATM and Point of Sale (on stores/ retail outlets)
- Daily transaction limit of Rs 10,000 across Payment Gateway (online payments)
- Free cheque book
- 24x7 access to Citibank Online and SMS Banking facility for quick checks on your account
- Unlimited account credits via all channels
- Four free customer initiated debits in a month, across channels i.e. Withdrawals (ATM & Branch)/ Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT/RTGS/IMPS), Clearing (cheques or DD), Point of Sale, Online payments and Standing Instruction/EMI/any other payment maintained on the account
Click here to view the Schedule of Charges applicable to Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account.
Please note: Small Accounts are subject to transaction limits such as:
- the aggregate of all credits in a financial year cannot exceed Rs1 Lakh
- the aggregate of all withdrawals and transfers in a month cannot exceed Rs10,000
- the balance at any point of time does not exceed Rs50,000
- No foreign remittances transactions will be permitted in the account unless the identity of the client is fully established through the production of officially valid documents
Click here to view the Schedule of Charges applicable to Small Account
In addition to all the features offered under 'Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account(BSBDA)' and 'Small Account', account opened under 'Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana(PMJDY)' comes with a Personal Accident(PA) cover of Rs. 1 Lac. This cover is for protection against accidental injuries, accidental death and permanent disability. The said cover becomes effective from the date of account opening and is applicable to customers only between the age of 18 and 70 years.
Click here for detailed Terms & Conditions of the PA Cover.
Additionally, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) account holders can apply for an overdraft facility up to Rs 10,000/-. The overdraft application will be assessed by the Bank and the facility will be sanctioned, provided the customer meets the eligibility criteria.
To open PMJDY account, submit duly filled application form at your nearest Citibank branch.
Click here to view the Schedule of Charges applicable to PMJDY accounts.
Click here to locate your nearest branch.
Account Opening is subject to Reserve Bank of India Rules and Regulations. Citibank N.A. Account Terms and conditions apply.
Citibank India does not market any product or service to individuals resident in the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland, Guernsey, Jersey, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, UK, The Isle of Man, Brazil and New Zealand. This webpage is not, and should not be construed as, an offer, invitation or solicitation to buy or sell any of the products and services mentioned herein to individuals resident in the European Union, European Economic Area, Switzerland, Guernsey, Jersey, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, UK, The Isle of Man, Brazil and New Zealand.