Remit your Direct Taxes Online.
Citibank now offers the E-Remittance facility for Online remittance of income/other direct taxes on the Internet for its retail and corporate customers.
Online Tax Remittance
Top reasons to use Citibank Online Tax remittance
- Online filing of Challan with immediate acknowledgement of remittance
- Cyber receipt in the form of Challan including CIN can be downloaded/printed for reference and record
- One can remit on behalf of the firm, company and others at the ease of his desktop at any time of the day and year
For making Tax payment through Citibank, login to your account using your User ID and IPIN. Then select the required Challan number depending upon the tax type you wish to remit:
The following Challan Number can be selected
|Tax Deducted at Source / Tax Collected at Source (TDS/TCS) from corporates or non-corporates.
|Payment of Income tax & Corporation Tax.
|Payment of Security Transaction Tax, Hotel Receipts Tax, Estate Duty, Interest Tax, Wealth Tax, Expenditure Tax / Other direct taxes & Gift tax.
|Payment of Banking Cash Transaction Tax and Fringe Benefits Tax.
- In the case of Debit Cards you will be allowed to transact for the amount of clear funds available in the account. In the case of Citibank Online entitlement (mandate) cards you will be allowed to transact up to the limit of your sign rule. If the transaction will be for an amount greater than your sign rule then the entitlement (mandate) card of the signatory with the higher limit will need to be used.
- Citibank facilitates your Direct Tax remittances (Advance Tax and Income Tax) through tie-ups with banks authorized by Government of India to collect tax on behalf of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (authorized bank). Tax remittances authorized before 3 pm would be transferred to the authorized bank on the same working day (Day 0). Online Tax remittances functionality will not be available after 3 pm .The Challans are generated by the authorized bank on the next working day of funds being transferred to them i.e. on Day 1 for transactions authorized by you before 3 pm.
- The E-Challan will be mailed to the E-mail address you specify within 2 working days of making the remittance.
- Login to Citibank Online and click on the 'Remit Tax online' link
- Select the required Challan Number depending upon the tax type you wish to remit.
- The assesses 10 digit PAN / TAN as applicable is required. To verify the same you may access the following websites:
- Please ensure that you enter correct PAN / TAN details. The bank will not be responsible for PAN / TAN details entered incorrectly.
- For all tax types having a last date for making remittance, kindly submit your request one day prior to the last date, to avoid late remittance charges as may be applicable by the respective Tax department.
- Incase of any discrepancies, post successful processing of the tax remittance request, you will need to contact the respective tax collection department.
- You can take a print of the Confirmation page and use the Transaction Reference Number for any future communication.
Citi does not charge its clients for tax payment.
The payments can get rejected for the following reasons:
- Invalid PAN / TAN nos
- TAN / PAN & Name mismatch
- Challan validation failure and the refund will flow in T+3 days.
For details on tax payments, please visit our Etax webpage for more details.
Online Tax remittance facility will be available from 5:00 AM to 3:00 PM on all days except:-
Second Saturday, Fourth Saturday and Sunday for each calendar month and below dates in 2022
- Jan - 26th
- Feb - 19th
- Mar - 1st, 18th
- Apr – 2nd, 14th, 15th
- May - 3rd, 16th
- Aug – 9th, 15th, 16th, 31st
- Oct - 5th, 24th, 26th
- Nov - 8th