- Credit Cards
Apply for a Credit Card:
Welcome to the world of Citi Credit Card benefits and privileges. Now you can easily book that luxury villa for the upcoming family vacation or buy the next Gen laptop for your work on easy credit card EMIs. Unlock the potential in your life and business with the power of Citi Credit Cards.
Each Citi Credit Card has been carefully designed to fulfill different aspirations and lifestyle needs of our customers, be it for active travelers, the busy officegoer or the happy homebody. Apply online for the credit card that best complements your lifestyle, from the selection of Citi Credit Cards.
Benefits of Citi Credit Cards
Enter a world of cashback, discounts, and privileges - get spoilt for choice with Citi Credit Cards. No matter what your lifestyle needs are, we have just the right credit card for you.
Live life king-size, as you get rewarded for shopping, watching movies, or even just paying your bills using a Citi Credit Card. Tee off on the best courses and access premium restaurant offerings with cards customized to your lifestyle.
A host of travel perks await the jet setters, from fabulous miles and access to premium airport lounges around the world to fuel-surcharge waivers. What’s more, you can accumulate miles and perks on other travel-related spends on Citi Credit Cards as well.
Easy Redemption of Points and Miles
How would you like to earn up to 10x reward points with select Citi Credit Cards, and use them to shop at over 700 physical and online shopping sites? Or, redeem your miles against flights across 100 airlines worldwide, or on hotel bookings and car rentals – all with just an SMS request for redemption? Welcome to the world of privileges and convenience, with Citi Credit Cards.
Shop with EMI
If your desired item costs above ₹2500, then you can convert your purchase into affordable monthly EMIs using your Citi Credit Card’s Citi PayLite feature. Select a tenure that suits you and apply using your Citi Mobile App or Citi Online site.
Citi Credit Cards also offer you the option to convert your outstanding amount on its credit cards to a monthly EMI, with the Citi FlexiBill program. With zero paperwork and flexible repayment tenures!
Safety and Fraud Protection
Citi Credit Cards come with a guarantee of security. The Citi Payment Gateway is a highly secured platform.
You can transact with confidence as a clause shields you if your card is misused after it is stolen or lost, as long as you report it ASAP. You also have the facility of selecting your own IPIN online on the Citi Credit Card site.
Citi Rewards Credit Card
- Earn 10X reward points at departmental and apparel stores (physical or online)
- Earn minimum* 1 reward point for every ₹125 spent on the card
- Earn 300 bonus reward points on card purchases of over ₹30,000 in a month
- Redeem your reward points via SMS at over 700 outlets and e-shopping sites
Citi Cash Back Credit Card
- Earn 5% cashback* on phone, utility bills & movie ticket purchases
- Earn 0.5% cashback on all other spends
- Cashback is auto credited to statement in multiples of ₹500
- Your unredeemed cashback is evergreen, and never expires
IndianOil Citi Credit Card
- Earn 4 Turbo points on every spend of ₹150 & a 1% fuel surcharge reversal at authorized IndianOil outlets
- Earn 2 Turbo points for every ₹150 spent on groceries and supermarkets
- Earn 1 Turbo point for every ₹150 spent on other eligible spends
- Get welcome 250 Turbo Points on your first spend within 30 days of card issuance
Citi PremierMiles Credit Card
- Earn 10,000 Miles with your first spend of ₹1,000 or more within
- Earn 10 Miles for every ₹100 spent on www.premiermiles.co.in website and on airline spends*
- Earn 4 miles for every ₹100 spent on other spends
- Get complimentary access to select airport lounges & freedom to choose from over 100 airlines to fly with
First Citizen Citi Credit Card
- Earn upto 14 First Citizen Reward Points on ₹200 spent at Shoppers Stop, Homestop, Arcelia, M.A.C, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Jo Malone & Smashbox
- Earn 2 First Citizen Reward Points on ₹200 on all other spends
- Get welcome 500 First Citizen Reward Points worth ₹300 on your first spend within 30 days of card issuance
- Get welcome vouchers worth ₹2250 redeemable at Shoppers Stop & Homestop
IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi
- Earn 3X rewards on spends at IKEA
- Earn 2X rewards on Dining spends
- Earn 1X rewards on all other spends
- Easy reward point redemption against purchases at IKEA
Citi Prestige Credit Card
- Welcome gift of 2,500 bonus reward points* and benefits worth ₹10,000 from Taj Group or ITC Hotels, every year*
- Earn minimum* 1 reward point on every ₹100 spent - online and in-store
- Earn 2 reward points on International Spends for every ₹100 spent
- Enjoy unlimited, complimentary access to airport lounges around the world with Priority Pass™
Paytm Credit Card
- Earn 5% cashback on spends done on Paytm Mall and 2% cashback on spends done on Paytm Flights
- Earn 3% cashback on all other spends* done on Paytm
- Earn 1% cashback on everything else*
- Cashback is auto credited to your account
*Click on ‘Learn more’ to read the product TnC
Special Offers on Credit Cards
A credit card is an instrument of credit that is issued by a financial company, which allows the user to borrow funds to make expenses. The limit of credit is a pre-defined amount that is based on the user’s credit-worthiness. You may use the credit card to make purchases even if you do not have the amount in the bank, and repay it within a specified period of time, after which you will have to pay interest on the amount.
A proportion of your credit limit may be withdrawn as cash, which is known as your 'cash limit'. The credit limit you are allocated includes the cash limit. These cash withdrawals are also subject to interest charges and a cash withdrawal fee.
The benefits of using a credit card include:
- The convenience of liquidity and easy transactions on-the-go
- Ease of seamless online transactions at authorized sites
- Enhancement of your credit scores with timely repayments
- Convenience of an interest-free credit period for repayment
- The ease of a revolving payment facility for lean periods
You can apply for a Citi Credit Card by visiting Citi Online and following the steps below –
- Click on the credit card tab on the Citi website
- Select the Citi Credit Card that you want to apply for
- Click on the ‘apply now’ option
- Fill in the application form with your contact details, personal details, professional details, and address. Enter your PAN to proceed with the application.
Citi range of credit cards is designed to complement your lifestyle priorities, whether it is work, travel or shopping. The eligibility criteria vary for each card type. However, a healthy credit score is important. Apply for a credit card online now!.
Note – Citi India currently does not offer a credit card for Non-Resident Indians.
Citi offers a range of credit cards that enhance your personal and professional lifestyle. Whether your priority is earning miles for flights or free fuel, you can choose a credit card that best supports your aspirations.
Citi offers the following types of credit cards.
- Citi Rewards Credit Card – Get a warm welcome of up to 2500 rewards points when you register for the Citi Rewards Credit Card. And keep getting rewarded (up to 10x times) every time you shop as usual, at more than 700 outlets and online sites
- IndianOil Citi Platinum Credit Card – How would you like to earn up to 71 litres of free fuel every year? You not only get 4 times more turbo points for expenses on fuel at IndianOil outlets, but you can also redeem the accumulated points against fuel in an instant, through an SMS
- Citi PremierMiles Credit Card – How great would it be to fly for free! Now choose from over 100 airlines and add up your miles. You also automatically earn miles every time you use your card to make a purchase
- Citi Cashback Credit Card – Get rewarded every day for your daily expenses. Collect up to 5% cashback on all purchases made with the credit card. The cash backs accumulate automatically, and the more you spend the more you earn. The points never expire!
- Citi Prestige Credit Card – The Citi Prestige Credit Card is designed to enhance your lifestyle with inspired service and luxury travel upgrades that include a welcome bonus of 10,000 air miles, vouchers worth ₹10,000 from the Taj Group ad ITC Hotels and complimentary access to premium airport lounges – adding to a life of privilege
- First Citizen Citi Credit Card - Earn up to 14x First Citizen reward points for every ₹200 spent at Shoppers Stop and affiliated stores.
Scroll up to explore more options according to your specific priorities. You may want to use the compare option for a comparison of the features and benefits of two or more cards.
As per RBI circular dated January 15, 2020* on Enhancing Security of Card Transactions, all Citi Cards (both debit and credit) issued to customers including new, reissued, renewed or upgraded cards, will be enabled for Domestic ATM and Point of Sale (POS)/physical transactions only. The cards will be disabled for International and Online transactions.
In addition, if customers have not used their existing card for international, online or ecommerce transactions in the last 3 years(including cards issued or new accounts opened during this period), usage for these purposes will be mandatorily disabled.
Customers can enable/disable their card for International and Online transactions on Citibank online or on the Citi Mobile app. They can also set the domestic daily limit for ATM, POS and Online transactions.
Click here to see how.
*RBI/2019-20/142 dated 15th January, 2020.
The credit card outstanding is a sum of all charges made on your credit card during a billing cycle. This includes all expenses, interest and other charges.
You can check this amount from a monthly statement that is issued on a particular date every month, communicated via email and CitiAlerts. This will reflect your outstanding amount, the due date, and the unbilled charges or credits which were made after the bill was issued.
To access the Credit Card Outstanding and Available Credit Limit:
- Visit your Citi Online home page
- Click 'View account summary'
- Click ‘Credit Cards’ - > Select your card option
- View the 'Balance' in the summary
Or, access the Credit Card Outstanding and Available Credit Limit using your mobile phone:
- Send an SMS, 'CARDBAL XXXX', to 52484, from your registered mobile number (XXXX denotes last 4-digits of your Credit Card number)
- For subscribers other than Aircel/ Airtel/ Vodafone/ Idea, please send the SMS to +919880752484 (OR)
- Download the Citi Mobile APP to get the information
- Or, contact our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking helpline
The Minimum Amount Due (MAD) is the least amount you can pay to ensure continued usage of your card after the billing due date, to minimize the risk of non-payment of accrued dues. If there is any unpaid MAD from previous months, it will be added to the current MAD to arrive at the MAD payable in the current statement. You will get a monthly alert through statements and CitiAlerts. The MAD will be higher of the following, subject to a minimum of ₹100:
- Sum of all installments, the amount utilized over the credit limit (if any) and 5% of remaining balance outstanding, OR
- Sum of all installments, annual fees*, transaction fees for loans / EMI facilities linked to credit card , interest / other bank charges (excluding insurance / foreign currency mark-up), the amount utilized over the credit limit (if any) and 1% of remaining balance outstanding.
If the Total Amount Due (TAD) is less than ₹ 100, the MAD would be equal to TAD.
Access your Total Amount Due, Minimum Amount Due and Payment Due Date with the following steps:
- Visit your Citi Online home page
- Click 'View account summary'
- Click ‘Credit Cards’ - > Select your credit card
- View 'Total Amount Due, Minimum Amount Due and Payment Due Date' in the summary
Or, know your Total Amount Due, Minimum Amount Due and Payment Due Date using your mobile phone:
- Send an SMS, 'STMT XXXX', to 52484, from your registered mobile number (XXXX denotes last 4-digits of your Credit Card number)
- For subscribers other than Aircel/ Airtel/ Vodafone/ Idea, please text +919880752484
- You may also call our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking helpline, anytime
To know the status of your Citi credit card application, all you need to do is enter the application reference number and mobile number online on our site. You will find the 11-digit application reference number sent as a text message (SMS) to the mobile number provided in your application.
You may click here to view the status of your credit card application.
Reach out to any of our contact channels online or offline, to find out if you are eligible for a pre-approved credit limit enhancement. The bank will run a few real-time credit checks and ensure that the offer is valid, to confirm your eligibility for an increase of credit limit.
Please email us from your registered email ID in order to apply for a credit limit enhancement. Attached any of the self-attested documents mentioned below, and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepted documents (choose any one):
- Latest individual Income Tax Return showing income
- Latest payslips of two months or a Salary Certificate
- Form 16 (duly attested and sealed by an authorized signatory, reflecting the signatory’s name and designation)
Alternatively, you may courier a written application, along with a self-attested copy of any document listed above, to: Citibank N.A, Mail Room, Acropolis 9th floor, Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai, Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004.
Your cash limit is defined as a proportion of the total available credit limit that you can withdraw in the form of cash. You will be charged interest on this cash withdrawal, along with a cash withdrawal fee.
To know the cash limit on your card:
- Visit the Citi Online home page
- Click 'View account summary'
- Click Credit Cards - > Select a credit card
- View 'Cash Limit' in the summary of the card
While both credit cards and debit cards are used to pay for expenses that you make, there are some primary differences between them in the way they are used. These are as below:
To know the cash limit on your card:
- Credit cards ‘lend’ you the money to make purchases or pay bills, which you have to repay within a stipulated time. Usage of debit cards are based on the cash that you have in your bank account, and cannot exceed this amount
- Since credit cards lend you the money, if you do not pay it back within the interest-free period, then you would be charged interest on it. Debit cards do not have this feature as the money used is drawn from your account
- Credit cards give you the facility to purchase or pay bills beyond your current financial capacity. You have a period of time in which to pay it back, or even convert larger spends into convenient EMIs
Citi Credit Cards are designed to give you the advantage of interest-free charges and withdrawals (within a limited period), and the ease of EMI for urgent requirements. Browse through the customized range of Citi Credit Cards to select the one that is customized for your individual needs.