For a person who loves to shop, a Shopping Credit Card is a real treat! It comes loaded with benefits that would delight the heart of a shopper. It can have discounts, accelerated rewards, special bonuses – and some even offer the benefit of converting large purchases into EMIs, at no extra cost!
Some of the benefits of a Shopping Credit Card include –
- Cash Back offers
- Special offers
- Exclusive discounts
- Accelerated Rewards Points
- Bonus Rewards Points
- Discounts on air travel and hotel bookings
- Conversion of large purchases into EMIs
cards that offer special deals when shopping online. Some have affiliations to certain brands and stores, and offer deals on purchases made there alone. Different Cards offer different goodies to their customers. It all depends on the bank that issues these cards.
So what must you look for in a Shopping Credit Card –
- You must first pick a card that suits your lifestyle. If you are the kind that shops for clothes, shoes and all the accessories that go with it, then you need to find yourself a card that will give you special deals on these kind of purchases. Similarly, if you like to travel and see the world, choose a card that suits your lifestyle. There are cards that are great for the home and the hearth as well, offering great deals on groceries and more.
- Find a card that will fits your income and your budget. It is never a good idea to live beyond your means or spend on things that you don’t really need or use, simply to get the freebies that come with it. So keenly assess the income you have and the budget you are working with, and then find a card that will work with you to help you stay within the bounds of your real requirements.
- Fees and charges – A Shopping Credit Card is no exception to the rule. Like for any Credit Card, there are annual fees and joining fees and interest that is charged on purchases not paid for in full. This is something you need to think and learn more about. If you are going to pay a lot of money by way of fees and charges that outweighs the benefits of the card, reconsider getting one.
- Your Spending and Payment pattern – The card you choose must complement the kind of spending you do, and the payments you make. Keep a check on how much you spend, where you spend that money and how often you spend it. Study your payment patterns. Are you the kind that pays off a credit card bill in full or someone who buys more than what they can afford and needs to defer payments time and again. Once you do that, choose a credit card that will work for you. Don’t be in a hurry to choose if you fall in the latter category and have to repeatedly defer your payments.
Now that you have learned about what you can get out of a Shopping Credit Card, find one that will perfectly complement your lifestyle and then get that.