Faster Payments is an electronic payment system for banks in the United Kingdom. You can use this Faster Payments Service to transfer funds fee -free from your local UK Savings or Current Account to your Citibank Rupee Checking Account.
To use this facility, please follow 3 simple steps:
- Log on to your UK local bank account.
- Add your Rupee Checking Account details as a payee in the format required by your local bank.
- Remit funds online from your local bank account in to your Citibank Rupee Checking Account.
|You may be asked to provide the following details to add your Citibank Rupee Checking Account as a Payee|
|REFERENCE1||10 Digit Rupee Checking Account Number followed by your first name|
|1 Please Note: Space on this field varies across different banks. Please ensure that you are entering your complete Citibank Rupee Checking Account Number followed by your first name (to fit the space available after you enter your Account Number).|
- Faster Payments Service is offered by Faster Payments Scheme Limited (FPSL), a membership organization of banks and financial institutions in the UK.
- Only First Party Transfers from your local UK bank account to your Rupee Checking Account are accepted through Faster Payment Services.
- All transfers through the Faster Payments Service are executed based on the information provided by you. Citibank will not be responsible for incorrect details provided.
- Funds transferred will be credited to your Rupee Checking Account within 2 business days (excluding weekends and India banking holidays). Funds received after normal banking hours in India will be credited to your Rupee Checking Account on the following business day.
- The foreign exchange rate applicable for these transfers will the applicable rates on the day funds are received by Citibank.
- Limits for transfers vary across banks. Most banks have transaction limits as well as daily limits. Please check with your local bank in the UK for exact limits.
- Citibank reserves the right to accept or reject a remittance to your Rupee Checking Account through Faster Payment Services.