- Payments & Transfers
- Transfers from Overseas
- Automated Clearing House (For US Customers only)
Automated Clearing House (ACH) Transfers is a nationwide electronic transfer facility available for customers in the United States. You will need to login to Citibank Online and register your US Bank Account as a Source Account to transfer funds using the ACH facility.
To transfer funds using the ACH facility, you will need to login to Citibank Online and register your US Bank Account as a Source Account.
Registering your US Bank Account is a 2-Step process.
You will first need to login to your Rupee Checking Account at Citibank Online and provide details such as US Bank Account, Name on your US Bank Account, Name of the Bank, Type of Account and Routing (or ABA) Number. Once you register, we will initiate a debit and credit transaction from this account, typically 3-4 business days after your register your Source Account.
You will be required to login to your Rupee Checking Account once again and confirm this debit-credit amount to complete the verification process. It is important to ensure that you enter the correct verification amount. If you do not enter the correct amount within 3 times, for your protection, your Source Account will get blocked and you will not be able to complete the registration process.
After the registration and the verification process has been completed, you can start transferring funds from your US Bank Account to your Rupee Checking Account right away. It will take up to 5 Business days for funds to be available for use in your Rupee Checking Account from the time you initiate the transfer. The exchange rate for your transfers will be displayed to you prior to completing your transfer.
Transaction Limits for ACH Transfers
For your protection, we have assigned maximum limits to your ACH transactions. To learn more about these limits, please refer to the table below:
|Frequency||Min (USD)||Max (USD)||No. of Transactions|
|Per transaction limit||500||30000||-|
|Daily transaction limit||500||30000||1|
|Fortnightly transaction limit||500||100000||4|
|Monthly transaction limit||500||150000||8|
- All transfers through the Automated Clearing House Transfers are executed based on the information provided by you. Citibank will not be responsible for incorrect details provided.
- Prior to initiating an ACH Transfer, you will see a pre-confirmation screen including details of the transfer amount, fees and taxes if any, exchange rate for this transfer and the date when your funds will be available for use.
- You will also receive a confirmation of this remittance with these details to your registered email address.
- Citibank reserves the right to accept or reject a remittance to your Rupee Checking Account through ACH Transfers.
- You can register multiple US Bank Accounts as Source Accounts but you will not be able to register the same US Bank Account for multiple Citibank Rupee Checking Accounts.