GIRO is the local clearing house facility in Singapore that allows you to transfer funds online from your Singapore Savings / Checking Account to your Citibank Rupee Checking Account in India. It saves a person from the hassle of going to a bank or posting a check for affecting a transfer.
To use GIRO, all you need to do is
- Log on to your account at www.citinri.com
- Click on the "remittance" option
- Select Singapore as an option
- Fill in the Registration details
- Submit the form
- Sign and send the form to the nearest NRI center
- Your bank in Singapore will authorize the request
- Citibank India will then check the details per the records maintained on your Rupee Checking Account
Once your account is validated, you can remit funds anytime from your Singapore Bank account into the Rupee Checking Account. The transferred funds will reflect in your Rupee Checking Account within 5 banking days.
- Debit your SGD account and transfer funds to your RCA Online.
- Hassle free transfer.
- Time bound processing.