An efficient way of guarding all your shares and other eligible securities, by holding them in an electronic, dematerialised form. Your holding of physical share certificates is converted into an electronic record or dematerialised, and reflects as a credit balance in your Demat Account.
- Elimination of risks associated with physical certificates:
e.g., theft, loss in transit, mutilation, fire, etc.
- Periodic statements enabling easy portfolio monitoring
- Buy/sell even one share. No minimum lot in case of dematerialised shares
- Faster settlement cycle so you get your money/shares much faster
- Buy/sell free shares through any broker of your choice
- Elimination of problems related to change of address, transmission, etc.
Click here for FAQs on the Citibank NRI Demat Account.
Click here to view your nearest NRI Service Center to meet our Relationship Managers.
Click here to view the schedule of charges.
Citibank and Citibank with Arc Design are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc. © 2006 Citibank N.A. Citibank N.A., India offers NRI Demat Accounts strictly as per the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and rules and regulations issued thereunder and/or any other rules/regulations/guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India and/or the Government of India from time to time.
The facility of NRI Demat Accounts is governed by the same and may change in accordance with changes in the aforementioned laws/legislations/guidelines. For detailed Terms and Conditions, please refer to the Citibank NRI Demat Application Form. NRI Demat Accounts are not available to US persons and may not be available in all jurisdictions. All income or capital gains derived from investments in the Indian equity market will be subject to taxation as per Indian tax laws. Applicable statutory capital gains tax will be deducted from the sale proceeds of shares prior to crediting the customer's linked NRE/NRO bank account, as the case may be. If tax has already been deducted, proof of the same needs to be submitted at time of share transfer instructions.
- Loaded with advantages ranging from suitability to safety.
- Safekeeping of all your shares and other eligible securities.
- Reduction in handling huge volumes of paper.